Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Air is Scary

Air can be plenty scary. If you doubt me, try accidentally actuating the relief pressure safety valve (pop-off) on your fully pressurized pancake air compressor when you pick it up to carry it to a new spot.

I did just that while working on my ceiling project. I was fairly certain I had only seconds to live when the air first blasted from the valve. And let me assure you, not a little air escapes from the valve. It's a lot. I think I might have squealed, too, but the explosion of air drowned that out.

Fortunately, the blast of air lasted for only a few seconds before the valve snapped shut again, leaving me standing there stock still and panting.



My Pancake Compressor



Emergency Relief Valve

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment