Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, June 5, 2023

Collateral Bedding

The term “collateral damage” refers to the unintended or incidental harm or destruction caused to people, property, or infrastructure that occurs as a result of military operations.

Interestingly enough, I inadvertently created collateral bedding: unintentional and potentially damaging bedding created by construction activities.

Desiree has a habit of rousing a bit later than me. This morning, as soon as she joined me after waking, she asked, 'What is this?”

I turned to find her holding a twelve-inch cedar shim. “That's a shim,” I told her.

“I slept with it last night,” she said. “It was in the blanket with me.”

“Oh,” I laughed. “I must have dropped it while working on the ceiling above the bed.”

“How well did you sleep?”

“Fine.”

“Alrighty then.”



Collateral Bedding

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment