Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Postage Stamps (A Ceiling Progress Report)

Desiree has received two parcels from the Philippines via mail. In both instances, the post office in the Philippines affixed huge sheets of stamps – nearly covering all sides of the package – instead of attaching a small label citing the postage paid.

I actually thought the first package was gift-wrapped at first glance. Honestly, I find the stamped packages a little quaint and wholly charming at the same time.

Now we can talk about ceilings. A couple of weeks back, I posted a blog about a new (fancy) ceiling I am constructing in our master bedroom. In this project, as with all projects in my house, I will be placing personal items within framed hollows and permanently enclosing them for posterity as I apply the finishing materials. One of the items I will place in the ceiling structure is a sheet of stamps I clipped from the side of the last parcel from the Philippines.

I am sharing a photograph of the stamps and the ceiling framing as it appears today.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment