Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Fishing (Wires)

I did a lot of fishing while working as an electrician. Not trout fishing, I mean fishing wires up and down the hollows of drywall or across the spaces above ceilings. Thing is, fishing wires is just as iffy and unpredictable as fishing for trout. Sometimes, you succeed within a few minutes. On the next job, however, wood blocking or insulation might fight you for hours.

The running joke with electricians is this: if you fish a wire in on the first attempt, you will pay dearly on the next fishing job. If this joke holds true, I will be paying dearly next time. I managed, on my first attempt, to fish a 12/2 Romex across 5 feet of insulated ceiling my first attempt while wiring for lights in my updated master bedroom ceiling.

I have posted a photograph of my handiwork.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment