Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Ceiling Report, 10-15-2023

Over the last week, I have been applying drywall to the lowered ceiling constructed to create the lighted cove in our master bedroom. I have only one piece of sheetrock left to screw in place.

I am using #6 x 1¼” screws to fasten the sheetrock in place. That’s an interesting thing: screwing stuff in place when constructing something. In my experience, one of three problems will arise at some point: either you run out of screws before you finish, or the screws on hand are too short or too long to do the job. For this latest part of the project, I ran out of sheetrock screws just as I arrived at the last sheet.

The problem with screws is akin to the construction rule that the first extension cord you roll out will be five feet short, or the ladder you have is not tall enough. Today, armed with a fresh box of screws, I will screw the last piece of drywall in place.

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment