Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Our Rainbow Heavens

In the Bible, the rainbow emerges as a symbol of God's covenant with humanity after the Great Flood, signifying a promise that such a cataclysmic event would not recur. The rainbow, with its vibrant array of colors stretching across the sky, has come to embody this promise throughout various religious and cultural traditions.

I must admit, I am still awestruck each time a rainbow appears before me. Early yesterday morning, with the sun fixed just above the eastern horizon, Desiree and I took a walk down our country road. On our return leg, a vivid rainbow appeared over our house.

Each time we leave the house for a walk, I say to Desiree, “Des, grab your phone so you can get a picture if we see Bigfoot or a UFO.” Yesterday, she left her phone at home. Fortunately, I had stuffed mine in my back pocket and managed to capture a few photographs of the rainbow.



—Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm… Not so much over the house, but ending on the house the real pot of gold. Quite the symbolic gesture from God in a number of ways.

    ReplyDelete