Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

My Hugging Pillow

I sleep with two pillows. One is for resting my head. The other is a 'hugging' pillow. I typically pull the hugging pillow up against my chest and squish into it. The weird thing is, the pillow for my head can be just about any sort of pillow, but the hugging pillow needs to present certain attributes. Mostly, it needs to be soft and capable of being scrunched down easily. It also needs to be tough enough to take a punch or kick now and then.

Last night, I experienced a hugging pillow issue. When changing our bedding, Desiree also slipped a new pillowcase on my hugging pillow. One side of the case is covered with faux fur.

The furry pillow threw me off. I woke several times late in the night only to find myself grappling with what felt like the offspring of a buffalo and a marshmallow. After delivering a few punches to the pillow and flipping the position of the furry side, I managed to drift off to sleep again.

I think I can learn to sleep well with the new pillowcase, but I expect a few weird dreams to be generated by it.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment