Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Last Piece

Desiree and I just finished another 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle. The puzzle features a Thomas Kinkade Christmas scene. Putting in the last piece presented a problem I have never before experienced: the wrong piece was left for last.

This particular puzzle is of the type where the wrong pieces will fit together in certain wrong spots. Twice during the process of piecing together the scene, I had to remove the wrong piece from a place where it not only fit but also looked like it belonged.

In the end, the final piece fit (more or less), but the colors and patterns did not match. Desiree and I scanned the puzzle to see if we could find and swap it with the proper piece, but to no avail. I am sharing a couple of photographs to show you our dilemma.

The Entire Puzzle

The last Piece

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment