Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Long-Arm Toilet Paper

I measured the length of my arm, from the tip of my fingers to where it is attached to my (handsome) frame. We are looking at something just a bit over 2 feet. Normally, this is not something I concern myself with, but that changed the other day while staying in a room in Colstrip. That's when I discovered something of a design flaw that falls either on my arm or the designers of the bathroom there. Specifically, the toilet paper dispenser was half-recessed in the wall, something much closer to 3 feet from the edge of the toilet.

Of course, I didn’t notice this until after I sat on the throne.

It’s risky business, at best, to lean out and reach for toilet paper. I will spare all lurid and unnecessary details and simply say this: Two or three inches more of separation would have been devastating.

Sometime later, I asked Desiree if she noticed how far the toilet paper was from the commode. “Yes!” she exclaimed. “It’s across the room!”

No comments:

Post a Comment