Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, March 22, 2024

The Scotch and the Lemon Tree

I am old and identify as an electrician. Both of these things predispose me to avoid change as I would a big aggressive spider.  But not long ago, I was gifted a bottle of Scotch that has instituted a change in my life. The Scotch, GlenDronach 12-year, has become my “must-have” bottle on hand. I have pushed aside the Balvenie 12-year Speyside single malt that has served as my standard for many years. That’s sort of a big deal; something akin to switching the brand of beer you drink or starting to favor the Cats over the Griz.

GlenDronach is a Highlands single malt Scotch matured in sherry casks for 12 years, then finished in American oak. It’s impressively smooth with a distinctly sweet finish. This is a change I can readily accept.

Simply because I have the capability to do so, I am posting a photograph of a bottle of GlenDronach standing alongside my lemon tree.

Cheers!

And let’s go Cats!

The Glendronach

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment