Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, March 18, 2024

The Mattress

Driving along and seeing litter snapping by me along the edge of the roadway distresses me. My way of addressing this is to collect and properly dispose of what litter I can. To this end, I regularly stop to pick up cans, bottles, and whatnot on the country road leading to my house.  I also collect litter along Lake Helena Drive and will grab litter elsewhere if it annoys me enough—especially big things such as whole bags or big boxes alongside the road.

A few days ago, I saw a mattress from a single bed lying conspicuously in the grassy barrow near the Masonic Home in the valley. Feeling sufficiently annoyed, I stopped and dragged the mattress up closer to the road. My intent being to toss it my truck the next time I drove the truck to town on that route.

Yesterday, I drove my truck by the place where I left the mattress and found that someone else had picked it up.

I love it when that happens!

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment