Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Blue Flax and the Solar Flower


When I designed and installed my solar photovoltaic array, I had in mind that it might, to some degree, look like a flower.
This idea did not translate perfectly.
There was that one time, however, when I had the honey-dipper (septic pumping truck) come out to pump out my overfilled septic tank.
As the septic pumping dude stood there with his suction hose dropped into a hole in the earth and his truck roaring to pump nameless goodies up into the light of day, he had his eyes trained on my solar array.  He asked me a few questions about cost and power production.  And then he says to me, “You know, your solar array kind of looks like a flower.”
I swear, that was the closest I have ever been to hugging a honey-dipper guy.
I thought about that early yesterday morning when I found a swath of blue flax flowers on full display near my solar array.  I spent several minutes wandering around out there admiring the sun’s work.  Posted today are some images I captured with me smarter-than-me-phone.


—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment