Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, October 16, 2020

An Important Delivery

At 8:30 last night, headlights appeared on the hill above the stretch of prairie before my house.  The headlights quickly sailed down the hill and directed themselves toward my house.

I recognized the lights within a few seconds of seeing them: the UPS truck.

Over the last week I have ordered all sorts items from Amazon. 

Wow, I thought as the UPS van backed into my drive, what is so important it requires delivery at 8:30 at night?

I flipped on my outside lights and leaned out my door to meet the driver.  “Keeping you out a bit late tonight,” I remarked.

“Amazon Prime,” he simply replied.  He handed me the package.

Naturally, I wanted to see which of my orders was so important.  My razor blades, perhaps?  I opened the box as soon as I stepped back inside the house.  And there it was: rosemary spice.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment