Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 4, 2020

In Mountain Light

Almost any Montanan you talk with will tell you this is their favorite time of the year.  Temperatures are cool at night but ideal in the afternoons.  In the mountains, the quality of light changes.  Grasses in open meadows turn golden.  The waters run clear.  Trees and brush blush with their final showy colors.

On a trip to my cabin, I drove far out of the way and stopped to take a couple short hikes so I might enjoy another fine day.  A subtle but earthy perfume filled the forests in which I walked.  The Sun followed me on a tumble-down path.

I have posted a few photographs from my day, including a (not particularly well-focused) photograph of a turkey.  I ran across six of turkeys and had to snap pictures quickly as they sifted away through the tall grass.









Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment