Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Wish Box Notes

I found two handwritten notes yesterday in something of a hiding place.  The notes are nearly ten years old.

I wrote one of the notes.

My wife, Uyen, wrote the other.

Uyen had been told on March 20, 2011 (the first day of spring), she had cancer.  Terminal cancer.  The notes were written in early April and placed in a wish box.  Neither of us were allowed to tell the other what we had wished for.

My note:

       I wish Uyen would go into complete remission!

Thank you!

Uyen’s note:

  1. Get well
  2. Get cancer out of my body
  3. Love & Peace

Thank you everyone!

On May 11, 2011, about a month after depositing our wishes in the wish box, Uyen lost her battle with cancer.

The notes, but not the wishes, survived.


 

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment