Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, November 23, 2020

Attack of the Spiders

Early yesterday morning, as I sat on my sofa sipping coffee and watching some news, a leggy spider trekked out across the carpet.  I am not a fan of spiders, leggy or otherwise.  Upon seeing the spider, I slipped the sock off my right foot, pulled it over my right hand, and captured the spider sock-puppet-style.  I then pitched the critter out my front door.

Spider problem solved, I thought.

A while later, while seated at my kitchen peninsula, I somehow managed to come across a video about the most dangerous spiders in the world.  Naturally, I had to watch the video.  About the time the seventh deadliest spider appeared on the video, a blur of motion on the countertop to my right caught my attention. When I turn to focus squarely on the motion, I found—you guessed it—a second leggy spider sprinting in my direction.

I immediately identified the spider as a black recluse fiddle belly widow mini-tarantula.  Or something close to that.  And I did what any normal person would do: I yelped.

Removal of this spider required the use of a nearby dish towel.  I even considered gloves and safety glasses, and would have found some if given time.

I was a little frazzled by the end of the second spider attack.

Posted is the video I was watching.

Keep a wary eye out for spiders as you watch.

Mitchell Hegman

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8xyRHOvl7g

4 comments:

  1. My Mom's friend lost a finger to one of these.I would have just killed the biggar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I tend to save any critter if I can. That said, If I had a true infestation, I would be a murderous bastard!

      Delete
  2. Nope...not in slightest bit interested. I had Connie, now I have Erica as my spider expert hunter/gather. Don’t even want to be in the same room. Nope...not ever...just NOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat will go after some spiders, but for the most part, I am on my own.

      Delete