Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, November 2, 2020

Happy Birthday, Helen!

I conned my parents into buying me a cheap camera at the age of eight.  Ever since then, I have had a camera in my hand.  I upgraded to a 35mm SLR in 1978 (shooting slides for the most part).  In the year 2002, I dropped my film camera and picked up my first digital.  Today, my smarter-than-me-phone stands in as my camera much of the time.

I have captured, literally, tens of thousands of images over the decades.  

Today is my daughter’s birthday.  As luck would have it, I have been compiling digital photographs and converting slides to a digital format for the last few months.  My slides date back to 1979.  And, within my slides, I have plenty of images of Helen that bring a smile to my face.

In celebration of Helen’s birthday, I am posting five images that reach me.

Happy birthday, Helen!



Atop Hogback Mountain in the Big Belt Range (1986)



Helen and her Mother (1984)



Halloween (1986)



Touring my work at Toston Dam (1989)



Near Sapa, Vietnam (2009)

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment