Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Reaching Across the Sky

We experienced an unusual sunset last night.

Okay, the setting sun was entirely normal.  The orb itself rolled away down the backside of the mountains to our west, just as every other evening.  The unusual aspect of the sunset was the arm-like bank of clouds extended over the lake at my back door.

Soft-bellied and stretched long across the expanse, the cloud formation drifted only a little as the sun gradually slumped into the abyss beyond.  I rather camped on my deck and watched the cloudbank blushing through colors.  Over a stretch of something near ten minutes, I captured a series of photographs.  Posted today is the first and the last photograph I managed.



First Photograph



Last Photograph

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment