Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Television Binge-Watching Report

If you are regular reader of my blog, you have likely learned a few things about me.  For example, I have a strong tendency toward idiocy.  I live with an obese, lazy cat that hunts sleep.  I like birds.  And, finally, I binge-watch TV when I watch.

Today, we will discuss a little binge-watching.  I am currently watching a DVR stash of The Voice episodes recorded from the current season.  The Voice may not satisfy the television watching needs of brainiacs, but it is close to perfect for me.  I enjoy music, and get a kick out of the coaches and their interactions.

But a bad thing happened on one of the episodes I watched last night.  One of the contestants murdered a song.  A song a really like.  In trying to “make the song her own,” this contestant converted single notes into long, trampling runs that stomped overtop the simple and beautiful tune I so love.  She took the song up too high and down too low.  And then she changed the lyrics to suit herself.

“Ungood,” as my buddy Rodney would say.

Following the performance, as a matter of self-preservation, I paused the show and scampered out to the kitchen for a wee dram of Scotch.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment