Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

My Work Here is Done

Here is how the deal went down.  I drifted out of my living room and into the kitchen with a handful of trash.  Mostly crumpled sticky notes.

Earlier in the day, I had dragged the waste basket out from under the sink and set it on the floor at the end of my kitchen’s peninsula counter.  I then stood there at the counter for a while, sorting through some bills and legal documents, pitching into the basket any outdated material as I found it.

I looked directly at the waste basket at the end of the counter as I whisked over to the sink, opened the cabinet door where I normally keep the basket and pitched the trash into the empty space inside.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment