Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thanks, Dolly!

I will admit, I Dolly Parton’s voice sometimes scares me.  When she climbs way up there on her singing register, I am afraid either something inside her is going to come unglued or something near me will explode.  There are also times when I need to thank her.

Her song Jolene is thank-worthy. 

I would like to thank Dolly for the movie 9 to 5.  I enjoyed that one.

Today, I would like to thank Dolly for donating money to Covid-19 research.  She did not give a little.  She gave a lot.  A million dollars a lot to be precise.  A chunk of Dolly’s money funded the development of Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine.  Just this week, Moderna announced their vaccine achieved 94.5% effectiveness against coronavirus, according to their data.  The company determined this by means of a 30,000-patient study.  Moderna will file for an emergency use authorization with the Food and Drug Administration in the coming weeks.

This is good news.

I could listen to this all day long.

Thanks for everything, Dolly!

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. We should all strive to be as selfless and genuine as St. Dolly. My recent favorite song of hers is Little Sparrow.

    ReplyDelete