Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, November 20, 2020

Unpacking My Grandparents

I unpacked my grandparents yesterday and hung them on the wall in my den.  Not my actual grandparents.   Framed photographs of them.

A couple years ago, before starting a complete remodel of my den, I packed away three photographs of my grandparents I had hanging on the walls there.

The manner in which I am now displaying the photographs is another story.  When I remodeled, I finished my walls with a type of corrugated metal.  The metal makes for challenges insofar as hanging pictures and such.  While I ruminated about how and where I might hang some of my photographs and pictures, a funny thing happened.  By funny, I mean a desk I ordered (one I needed to assemble) arrived busted-up from shipping.

Several replacement pieces of the desk were shipped to me after I contacted the seller.  Among the new pieces was the desktop, because the original experienced shipping damage on the bottom.

And then a thought struck me.

Posted today, is a photograph of my grandparents.  I affixed photographs of my grandparents to the desktop which is, in turn, affixed to the wall above my new desk.


Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment