Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, April 2, 2021

Educating Dummies

A few weeks ago, I shared several passages from a book about digital multimeters written by Edmond Chucks.  The most striking feature of the book was the unconventional use of our beloved English language.  Obviously, English was a second (maybe third or fourth) language for the author.

I am back with more.  Mr. Chucks apparently has several other books available—each written under a pseudonym.  I recently picked up one of these books: Digital Multimeter for Dummies, written under the name Eric Markson.

The writing is definitely the work of Edmond Chucks.  Following is a passage written about using a multimeter’s continuity test function:

“On the off chance that the sound isn’t persistent or on the off chance that you don’t hear any solid whatsoever, It implies that what you’re trying has a broken association or isn’t associated in any way.

Cautioning:  To test progression you should kill the framework!   Mood killer the force gracefully!”

I have decent grasp on electrical stuff, but I have no idea where the second paragraph took me.

I have posted a photograph of the passage in the book just to prove I am not making this up.





Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. "To test progression you should kill the framework!" just might need to become my new mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are now my "go to" books when I need a smile.

      Delete