Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, April 26, 2021

Times Like These (Again)

 I have always contended there are levels of beauty that may be equaled, but not exceeded.  In natural landscapes I have personally seen many places fitting this description.  Glacier National Park, Bryce Canyon, Ha Long Bay (Vietnam), the Li River (China), and any forest of giant sequoia trees are examples.

Not just good stuff.  The best stuff.

In music, I find a similar level of beauty in certain songs.   Ghost Riders in the Sky fits the bill.   House of the Rising Sun is there.  And how can you get any better than Patsy Kline singing Crazy?

Recently, another song crept up onto my list of perfect songs.  The song was remade into a multi-artist video in response to the Covid Pandemic.  That version, in particular, reaches me.  I find myself regularly pulling up the video on my computer.  I have also posted this video here once before.

This song makes me feel good:

Mitchell Hegman

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GElP4YdrBE

No comments:

Post a Comment