Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Undercover Boss

I watched a couple episodes of Undercover Boss. If you are unfamiliar with the program, the premise is to create a disguise for the boss (CEO or owner) of a big company and send them out to work in the ranks as a way to see how the company is functioning at all levels.  The big bosses often find all manner of problems and disconnects between management and workers.  At the same time, they often find some impressive employees.

One of the episodes I watched featured an incredibly hard-working and optimistic maintenance worker—a man approaching middle age.  The undercover boss was extremely impressed and asked the man about his motivations.

“I treat this job like it’s the job I always wanted.  That way, when I get the one I always wanted, I will be ready.”

I love that attitude. 

In this case, the man wanted to manage a warehouse.

At the end of each episode, the boss meets with the employees he worked with (as the boss) and often rewards the most remarkable employees.  Going undercover on this episode, the boss found himself a new warehouse manager and justly rewarded him.     

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment