Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, April 23, 2021

Safety Duct Tape

I have long known the value of duct tape for both emergency and permanent repairs.  It’s remarkably good stuff.

Yesterday, I extended duct tape into the realm of personal protective equipment (PPE). 

While sawing the tails off eight roof trusses where I need to provide backing for my new sunroom’s glazing, the swirling winds kept blowing sawdust into my eyes in spite of my wearing safety glasses.

After cutting only two trusses, I stepped inside my house and hastily applied tabs of duct tape to my safety glasses to provide a seal around my face.

I like to think I’m a problem solver.  And, thanks to duct tape, maybe I am.

It wasn’t pretty, but it did work.

My other option was pulling a clear plastic bag over my head.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment