Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, April 12, 2021

Lax Work Habits

In my semiretirement, I have developed somewhat lax work habits when it comes to home improvement projects.

No hurry here.

I am readily willing to stop work for the day if something comes up.  Almost anything will suffice in that regard.  Just the other, day I stopped calking around my windows when the wind lifted my hat a little.  “Well,” I thought to myself, “that’s enough of that.  I’ll finish on a nicer day.”

I stopped my stucco demolition project twice on account of working up an actual sweat.  Working up a sweat will never do.   Dropping my hammer twice in a row is enough to make me stop for the day.  A cord accidentally coming unplugged from a power tool is enough.

Down with the tools, and off I go, walking across the prairie surrounding my house looking for pretty rocks.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment