Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, July 16, 2021

A Mouse-Sized Husky Dog

In my dream, I was gliding all around the place while sitting in what can only be described as a kind of big teacup.  Just as I whisked by a young couple in their own teacup, a tiny (mouse-sized) husky dog leapt high into the air just in front of me.  I swiftly reached out and caught the dog with my right hand.

I brought the tiny dog to face me.  “I just saved your life,” I told the dog.

And I woke exactly then.

As I lay there in my bed, fluttering my eyes and rubbing at my forehead, I thought: “Man, I’m glad I woke from that weird mess.”  And then I thought: “Wait.  Is it 'I woke' or 'I awoke' from that weird mess?  Which is correct?  Oh, hell…and what about I awakened”?

I had to roll out of bed and fire up my google machine to determine which is the correct way, grammatically, to emerge from a weird dream.

Most of what I found seems to indicate that woke, awoke, and awakened can be interchangeable.

Why can’t I just wake up and go pee on the toilet seat like most other men?

Mitchell Hegman

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete