Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, July 15, 2021

A Sunroom is Born

When I first ordered my sunroom kit, I imagined I might assemble it myself.  Upon the arrival and subsequent unpacking of the various glazing panels, metal pieces, sealer strips, and clips (a lot of clips), I wanted to drink beer and find something else to do.

Maybe I could shovel some dirt onto something.

Maybe I could drink more beer.

Maybe I could locate an installer.

Long story made short:  An installer and three employees arrived a bit after 7:00 yesterday morning.  By 4:00 in the afternoon, they were driving away from a complete sunroom.

These guys hit the ground running.  All of them knew exactly what to do and when to do it.  While two men prefabricated truss sections, the other two men concentrated on lay-out and installation of various flashings (which were fabricated on site with a metal brake).  Once the aluminum structure was completed, the four men all worked together on setting and sealing the glass panel sections and then applying cap metal and final wet sealants.

Posted are a few images from the day.


 

Front Complete



Prefabrication



Metal Structure



Glazing



Side Complete

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment