Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Fifty Days of Purple

As of yesterday, the antique bottles I placed in my homemade UV light chamber (aka my extra trash dumpster), have been immersed in light for fifty days.  The three bottles I placed in the light have definitely taken on a deeper shade of purple, but I want more. 

I am willing to soak the bottles in UV light for several more weeks and allow the manganese dioxide in the glass to contribute more color.

Posted today is a photograph from day one and a photograph from day fifty for comparison.   The comparison photographs do not render the colors appropriately, but you can definitely see the color deepening within the glass.

I have also posted a photograph of one of the bottles in natural light to more accurately reveal the color.



Purple Bottle



Bottles on Day One



Bottles on Day Fifty

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment