Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Metal and Beer

My living room has once again become a construction staging area.  With the arrival of the metal for finishing the two pony walls in my sunroom, I needed a place where I can spread things out and do my “figuring.” 

Metal is entirely unforgiving.  There is no covering over poor cuts, scratches, or any other mistake.  When working with metal, I measure, mark the metal, and measure again before cutting.

Deliberation is key.

Yesterday, after assembling everything I need for the project, I grabbed a Cold Smoke beer and then stood amid the materials sipping and considering my approach.  You should be able to locate my beer in the staging photograph I posted at the end of the blog.

I will continue my policy of hiding things within the framing and finish work.  For this phase of construction, I will be leaving the receipt for my metal on the wall behind the metal panels.



Staging in My Living Room 



Metal Trim in Place



The Receipt for the Metal

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment