Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, November 29, 2021

40 Years, 30 Years

While digging through shelves and cardboard boxes in my garage, looking for a missing chisel, I discovered a bunch of specimens from my original childhood rock collection.  Upon spotting one of my favorite rocks from back in the day, I set aside the box.

After locating the missing chisel, I unpacked the box I had set aside.

Good stuff!

I had forgotten about several particularly striking specimens.

Here is the weird part: the date.

Yesterday was November 28, 2021.  When I got to the bottom of the box, I found a newspaper I had used to line the bottom of the box on the day I packed the rocks up for long-term storage.  The newspaper was dated November 28, 1981.  That is 40 years ago to the day.

But that is not the end of the strange.  Exactly 30 years ago, on November 28, 1991, Thanksgiving Day, Uyen and Helen and I spent our first full day and night in this house after building it.




Newspaper from 1991



Part of My Rock Collection

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment