Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Finders Keepers

As mentioned in several previous blogs, my neighbor, Kevin, and I make a point of trying to find pretty rocks on each other’s property.   The rule of “finders’ keepers” applies to such finds.

The ultimate goal as to make one another a little envious of the find.  I know we both fib about finding rocks on neighboring property just for fun.

Adulting has never been our strong suit.

When Kevin stopped by with my paper yesterday, I told him I thought we needed to cut a few rocks at his place.  “I’ll walk down in few minutes,” I suggested.  “I need to get out of the house for a bit,”

A half-hour later, we were at the saw in his garage.  I sliced through a couple rocks that turned out somewhat plain-Jane.  Kevin sliced into an absolute stunner.

“Wow, that is fantastic!” I told him when he showed me the first cut.  “So…where did you get that rock?”

Kevin smiled.  “Was in the middle of the road on your property.”

“Right.”



Kevin at the Saw



Kevin’s Find

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment