Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Off-Center

I routinely reheat cups of coffee in my microwave.

I am thinking my microwaving style might be a bit abnormal.  I would guess most people place their cup at the center of the carousel before closing the door and punching in a precise time.

Not me.

I set my cup at a random point along the outer edge of the carousel plate and throw the thing in gear after poking in a similarly a random heating time.  The end game is not just to heat my coffee.  I also want to see if the cup will land at the front of the microwave when time runs out.

I have been on a losing streak this week.  In five out of my last five re-heats, the cup has stopped at the back of the microwave.

Being so far off-center is surprisingly entertaining.



My Cup at the Back of the Microwave

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment