Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Charismatic Voice

I have developed a few weird habits over the years.  One of my stranger habits was dropping a banana in one of my work boots in the middle of the night.  I did this somewhat regularly back in my days of working construction.

The bananas served as an equivalent to a sticky note.

If something I needed to do at work struck me in the middle of the night, rather than trying to grab a notepad and pencil and flip on a light to write a reminder down, I would trot out to my kitchen in the darkness, find a banana (or anything else than would fit if we didn’t have bananas) to drop in my boots near the door.  Finding a banana in my boot in the morning would trigger me to recall whatever bothered me in the night.

My latest weird habit is watching music reaction videos.  If you are unfamiliar, these videos feature people watching and reacting, in real time, to artists and songs they have never heard before.  I especially enjoy reaction videos produced by people who are knowledgeable about music or singing on some level.  My favorite such videos are produced by Elizabeth Zharoff under the banner ‘The Charismatic Voice.’

Elizabeth Zharoff is an internationally acclaimed opera singer, producer, multi-genre vocal coach and video game voice actor.  Her genuine passion for music of all kinds is infectious.  I also appreciate her depth of knowledge relative to singing.

I have posted one of the latest Charismatic Voice reaction videos.  I don’t expect anyone to watch the full video, but watching a few moments of the video will give you some idea of how music reaction videos look and feel.

Mitchell Hegman

A Recent Reaction Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGefTNPPaoU

2 comments:

  1. .I’m a fan of The Hu, a Mongolian heavy metal band. She did a great review of their Wolf video.

    ReplyDelete