Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, July 8, 2022

The Place

One of my favorite places in Montana is, well, a place.   It’s not a postcard town along the bend of a famous trout fishing river.  It’s not a celebrated state or national park.  It’s not a panoramic view of an island mountain range erupting from the plains.  The place is a particular spot where a gravel road going from nowhere to nowhere plays tag with a creek oxbowing through tall grass.

I drive the road going from nowhere to nowhere several times each year.  I almost always stop my truck when I reach the point where the creek elbows directly at the road.  Something inside me needs to walk out and stand beside the creek so I can take in the view, the sounds, the earthy scents.

Posted are three photographs from ‘the place.’



Des in the Flowers



The Creek



The Creek

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment