Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, July 18, 2022

In the Same Family

I am generally not concerned with fashion choices.  I am not opposed to wearing colors that clash or displaying a weird mix of styles.  My concern for what I wear plummets if I know I will not be surrounded by a lot of people.

Yesterday, after showering of the dust from a day in the woods, I scooped a pair of socks from my dresser and pulled them on without much thought.  Only when I tweaked the second sock for a better fit did I realize they were not a match.

I studied my socks briefly, shrugged, and then padded off to the living room.

As soon as I bumped into Desiree, I pointed out my socks.  “They don’t match,” I admitted, “But they are in the same family, so I am going to run with them.”

I am pretty sure my choices make her proud.

I have posted a photograph of my not-quite-matched socks.  As I look at the photo now, I am reminded of what one of my electrician coworkers always told me whenever I showed him a bit of conduit work I was proud of.  “Well,” he would tease, “It’s as good as you can do.”



In the Same Family

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment