Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Versetta Stone

When it comes to building products, certain concepts really grab my attention.  One sure winner is the use of screws as fasteners.  This especially applies if using a star-head (Torx) screw is an option.  Star-head screws reek of positive holding from the instant you fit one onto the driver bit of your screw gun.

That’s some pretty good stuff—nearly on the level of duct tape. 

I never dreamed the day would arrive when I could use screws as the method for attaching stone to a wall, but the day has arrived.

For later part of this week, I have been screwing Versetta Stone cultured stone panels to my sunroom walls.  Better yet, for making clean cuts in the stone, I have been able to use the rock saw Tad and I jointly purchased.

Desiree and I chose Terra Rosa style stone, which somewhat matches the existing brick veneer on our home.  So far, I am impressed with to ease of installation and the look of the final product.  The panels fit pretty well providing you are diligent in initial layout and follow the instructions.

I have posted a few photographs of the work in progress.


 

Stone on the Back Wall



Receptacle Box Stone



Stone at the Door

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done.You can tell this is being done by someone who cares about their work. Are you going to add trim? If so, what will you use there? Moss, lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some metal features left to do. And then we will fill the space with plants.

      Delete