Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Stealing Flowers

Desiree has been stealing flowers from my yard.   Well, not precisely stealing.  The flowers eventually reappear in a new location.

Perhaps a little history is in order before I go on. 

For the entire thirty-one years I have been living at my house, I have planted flowers and broadcast the seeds of native and Mitch-yard-tolerant whatnots all around my house.  This spring, ss soon as weather permitted, Desiree tried her hand at planting flowers around the place.

She also took to stealing flowers from where I had them growing and replanting them where she prefers to see them.

That’s a pretty weird thing to do.  Right?

At first, I thought I might like to get slightly miffed about that.  But I quickly realized that’s something I have done.  At times, I transferred what I called “prairie plugs” into my yard from the wilds around me.  The plugs were essentially shovel-sized chunks of earth with flowers, cactus, or grass I pried from the ground in the wilds around me so I could replant them close to my house.

When I put all this together, I realized Desiree is my kind of weird.



A Sample of Desiree’s Work

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment