Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 30, 2022

An Empty Room and Habits

Desiree and I started on a remodel of our utility room.

For the last thirty-one years, my shoes, trash bags and cleaning supplies have been in the utility room.  Our first step in the remodel process was removing most everything from the room.  Yesterday, after entering the empty room, I walked back out to where Desiree stood in the nearby kitchen.

“How many times are we going to do that?” I asked her.

“Do what?”

“Go into the utility room for something that isn’t there anymore.  I just went in there to grab a trash bag for the kitchen, even though I moved them out only a few minutes ago.”   

Three times, during the course of yesterday, my ingrained habits directed me into the empty room.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment