Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, October 3, 2022

The Wyoming Dinosaur Museum

For a small town, Thermopolis has a lot to offer—especially if you are Mitch Hegman.  I say this because the Wyoming Dinosaur Museum can be found here.  Like many people who never quite grew up to be a full-fledged adult, I still retain the fascination I had for dinosaurs as a young boy.

The Museum is especially impressive in the quality and quantity of specimens on display.  Back in 2016, CNN Travel ranked the museum as number six of the ten best dinosaur museums of the world.  The article made special note of the 106-foot Supersaurus on display.    

And there is plenty more than that.  You will also find the skeletons of Triceratops, Stegosaurus, T-Rex, Velociraptor and host of others on display.  Some of the large fossils still partially embedded in stone are especially impressive to me.

I walked out of the Wyoming Dinosaur Museum more in awe of the great beasts than when I entered.  I still cannot fully fathom the world in which these strange creatures flourished.



Desiree Among the Giants



Fossils in Stone



The Girls Below the Supersaurus



T-Rex

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment