Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Practical and Pretty

I have been waiting until I finish the casing trim around the recently replaced windows of the bedrooms in my house before tying back the curtains in some pleasing fashion.  The other day, however, Desiree and I decided we wanted to move a house plant into the spare bedroom.  To bathe the plant in adequate light, we needed to pull the curtains aside.

I am just practical enough, I would have temporarily driven a 16-penny nails alongside the window and hooked the curtains to those.  Fortunately, Desiree said she would take care of the curtains.

Desiree solved the problem in a practical and most handsome way.   She tied each curtain into a fancy knot that lifted them back just enough for a little light on the plant.

“I like the looks of that,” I told her.  “That’s pretty good.  Who taught you to do that?”

“Nobody,” she responded.  “It’s just something I started doing.”

“Well, it’s wicked cool.”

No doubt about it, Desiree impresses me.  She is practical and pretty.



Curtains Done Desiree Style

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment