Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, October 6, 2022

What’s in Your Shower?

You might find a lot of strange things in bathtubs and showers.  If kids live in the household, you may find rubber duckies, squirt guns, or even a plastic dinosaur or two.

For a short time, I kept a pet tarantula in my bathtub.

Back in the late 1970s, my roommates and I sponsored the First Annual Bathtub Boogie at our bachelor pad.  Guests were required to bring bottle of wine or booze to attend.  We poured all the contents of the bottles in our bathtub, along with slices of fruit.  Throughout the night, we dipped our drinks from the strange red brew.  At a little after two in the morning, the police knocked on the door and informed me we needed to remove our sofa and a couple party guests from the center of the street.

That’s the stuff legends are made of.  The party proved so legendary, we never opted to sponsor a second annual bathtub boogie.

Today, you will still find one strange thing in my shower or bathtub: a rock.  Not just any rock.  My rock is the prairie form of a loofah sponge.  It also serves as a back scratcher.   The rock is perfect—smooth on one side, a bit rough on the other.

Using a rock in any manner of utility is particularly satisfying for an old rockhound like me.  Showering with a rock is incredible.



My Shower Rock

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment