Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Morning Weather Report

Our gorgeous autumn weather ended abruptly at the end of October, ushering in the coldest November and December I recall.  I don’t think we reached above-freezing temperatures on more than a half-dozen occasions.  The lake froze two weeks earlier than normal and, here at my house, snow covered the ground for the entirety of November and December.

This last week proved particularly brutal.  A frigid Arctic impulse swept through Montana and froze over half of the country in place.  Locally, we saw temperatures reaching below -30°F.

I woke early this morning to righteously warm temperatures and melting snow.  My outdoor thermometer is displaying and a temperature tickling at 40° above.

Merry Christmas to us!

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment