Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Driving

As Desiree and I sat on the sofa watching television, she drifted off to sleep and slumped against me.  Hoping she might enjoy a nap, I turned down the sound and remained as still as possible.  After about a half hour, she literally jerked awake and stared up at me, blinking her eyes rapidly.

“Where did you just come from?” I asked her.  Obviously, something in a dream had startled her awake.

“It was scary,” she answered.

“Yes, but where were you?”

“We were driving next to a cliff.  There was water deep water below us and you swerved toward the edge.”

“Sorry about that.  That’s so weird.  Remember the dream I told you about the other day?  I dreamed I fell asleep while driving across an elevated roadway and I you woke me by yelling, ‘You’re off the road already!’”

Desiree blinked at me.

“Maybe I need to stop driving in our dreams,” I offered.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment