Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Tumbled Color

Some years ago, while attending a college photography class (Go Cats!), I was assigned with the task of capturing a monochromatic image.  The idea of filling a color slide, I soon discovered, is both simple and difficult at the same time.

You can easily fill a frame with one color, but can you provide any drama while doing so?

In the time since, I have been instantly drawn to single colors made into any manner of striking display.

I have recently been shattering colored glass bottles and processing the fragments in a rock tumbler to smooth them down for Desiree’s crafts.  Yesterday, while washing a batch of glass freshly removed from the tumbler, I found a stunning monochromatic study.



Freshly Tumbled Glass

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment