Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Something You Don’t Hear

Something near six inches of snow fell across the prairie yesterday morning.  As soon as the sun drew aside a few clouds, I launched myself out onto the drive with a snow shovel in hand.   Desiree, bundled in new winterwear, soon joined in with a second shovel.  She quickly scooped together a mound of snow alongside the walk to our front door.

“I am going to make a snow man here when I can,” she announced.

“Good idea,” I rejoined.

With Desiree’s help we quickly cleared snow from the concrete pads in front of the garage.  “Shoveling snow is fun,” she remarked while admiring our work.

That’s not something you hear every day in the north country.  Desiree is, as the old idiom goes, definitely the “marrying kind.”   

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment