Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, December 26, 2022

Mackie the Snowman

Weirdly enough, a bit of rain fell across the snow-covered prairie surrounding my house on Christmas morning.  On the plus side, the warming temperatures provided Desiree with a second opportunity to make a snowman.

“I want to make a big snowman this time,” she told me.

I nodded my agreement.  Every kid, no matter their age, needs at least one big snowman in their life.

Before long, we both found ourselves out in front of the house rolling giant snowballs and stacking them together to bring into existence Mackie the snowman.  A chickadee fluttered down into the branches of the tree no more than three feet from Desiree to watch her make a few finishing touches on Mackie's face.

Sporting pinecone buttons, a smile and eyes made of pea pods, and a long carrot nose, Mackie soon posed handsomely there beside the linden tree. 

I have posted three photographs of Desiree and Mackie.





Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment