Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Ending With a Tradition

We end the year 2022 with a tradition.

Beginning when I first framed my house in 1991, and extending through every major and minor addition or remodel since, I have left notes, and often trinkets, within the framing and finishes.

Yesterday, Desiree and I used a black sharpie pen to write notes on the existing vinyl flooring in the laundry room.  Within a few days we hope to complete laying down new vinyl tile flooring overtop our notes.

In some distant or not so distant future, someone may find the notes.  They will also discover I did not scrub the floor particularly well before laying the tile.

My apologies to the future. 


  

Writing on the Floor



Tile Work in Progress

Mitchell Hegman


2 comments:

  1. I used to write welalb on the i-beams and girders above office buildings that we recabled for data cabling. For about 30 years. I did this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good stuff. over the years I found notes from others as I worked in buildings. I always got a charge from that.

      Delete