Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, August 25, 2023

Balanced Cooking

One of the purchases Desiree wanted to make upon arriving here in the U.S. was Visions Cookware.  I must admit, as a typical stick-throwing kid from East Helena, Montana, glass cookware never reached my radar screen.

Turns out glass cookware is actually impressive stuff.  First, pieces are way more robust than I expected. Also, glass conducts and distributes heat evenly, which helps ensure that your food cooks consistently. This is particularly advantageous when baking, as it helps prevent uneven browning or overcooking in certain areas of the dish.

While working up a batch of adobo, I noticed Desiree peering at the glass pot on our range from several angles.

“Whatcha doing?” I asked in my stick-throwing way.

“I am making sure this is cooking in a balanced way,” she responded.

“That makes sense.”  I then leaned in and watched bubbles of heat and tiny pieces parts circulating in various section of the vessel.  “Hmm.  This is kinda cool.  Look at that stuff go.”

I mean, who knew?

Desiree Confirming Even Cooking

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment